- A student must carry his/her almanac to school everyday. It must have his/her photograph and identification information complete and signed by parents.
- Student should be neatly dressed. The school uniform is to be worn on all working days. Strict action will be taken against students who do not adhere to the uniform norms of the school.
1) No low waists (Skirt/trousers) are permitted.
2) Shirt should be properly tucked in.
- Boys should get their hair cut at regular intervals.
- Girls should plait their hair if it is below shoulders. Short hair should be neatly cut and pinned.
- Students are expected to respect the property of others. This includes respect for school property. No student should damage any school furniture, write or draw anything on the walls, furniture or in any way damage things that belongs to others. Damage done, even by accident, should be reported at once to the class teacher or the Principal. Any damage done will be made good by the one who cause it.
- The school is not responsible for the goods lost. Students are not allowed to bring valuable articles (like expensive watches, pen, mobiles, ipods, cameras, pen drives, CDs etc.) to school. If your ward need to bring in any of the above mentioned items, it should be deposited with the class teacher for the day. In case, the student is found carrying any of these valuables they will be confiscated and not returned.
- Students are not to wear any jewellery to school (e.g. Chains, Rings, Bangles, and Bracelets etc.) Girls may wear only one pair of ear rings or studs.
- Students who come to school in the care of helpers should never leave before the helpers arrive. In case of delay, they should report to the school office. Those who go alone should be prompt in returning straight home.
- Students should be polite wherever they go. They should remember that school is judged by their conduct. They should greet their teachers when they meet them. Bullying and use of foul language are punishable offences.
- The school reserves the right to suspend, take strict disciplinary action or expel a student whose diligence or progress in studies is constantly unsatisfactory or whose conduct is harmful to other students.
- As far as possible, once a child has come to school, he/she should not be taken home on half day leave. No short leave will be granted under any circumstances on the weekly test days. In case the student writes the test and then leaves, he/she will be marked absent for the day.
- Students must not miss any teaching/games/library/activity periods.
- GFPS provides education from Nursery to class VIII. Therefore, it is expected that the juniors be treated with love and affection by the seniors while the juniors show respect to their seniors.
- No students should indulge in any of the following particles: – (A) Spitting in or near the school building. (B) Disfiguring or otherwise damaging any school property. (C) Smoking (D) any form of gambling (E) Rowdy and rude behavior (F) Use of violence in any form. (G) Cartelism, communalism or practice of untouchables.
- Students, under any circumstances should not drive down to school. Strict action will be taken against the student violating this rule.
- Students are expected to maintain discipline while traveling the school van. If found misbehaving, the van facility will be withdrawn with immediate effect.
- The observance of rules of discipline of the school and good behavior is an essential condition to a student’s continuance in the school. In case a student violates the school rules or indulge any form of indiscipline, strict action like expulsion/suspension shall be taken against the student.
- Please note that the fee for every quarter has to be paid as per the following schedule.
Quarter (April June) – by 10th April.
IQuarter (July Sep) – by 10th July.
Quarter (Oct Dec) – by 10th Oct.
Quarter (Jan March) – by 10th Jan.
- Kindly ensure timely payment to avoid inconvenience.
RULES FOR ABSENTEE
- Students who have been sick should bring a medical certificate from heir doctor on joining school. A copy of the certificate is to be submitted and signed in the school clinic for follow up.
- Parents should fill up the “Record for Non-Attendance” for each day the student is absent from school stating the reason for absence.
- A student who has been absent on the previous day will not be admitted to the class without a letter from the parent addressed to the class teacher, stating the reason for the absence. Leave for going out of station should be approved of, prior to proceeding on leave.
- In case of an emergency, parents will be informed and they will have to report to the Principal. They are not to go to the class directly.
- A student returning to the school after suffering from a contagious disease should produce a doctor’s certificate permitting him/her to do so.
- A student suffering from the following diseases must observe the prescribed period of quarantine before returning to class.
1) Chicken pox : Till complete falling of the scabs
2) Cholera : Till the child is completely well
3) Measles : Two weeks after the rash disappear
4) Mumps : Until the swelling has gone; about 1 month
5) Jaundice : Six weeks after recovery
- Repeated absence without leave or unexplained absence for more than six consecutive days renders the students liable to have his/her name stuck off the rolls. Re-admission may be granted only on payment of a fresh admission fee.
NOTE: Students who do not take their First Term, Second Term examinations due to illness or some unforeseen mishap, will be eligible for the school badges/blazers at the discretion of the Principal. However he/she will not be eligible for any proficiency award.
For all days of the week expect Wednesday and Saturday:
For Girls : Brown plated skirt and cream shirt with strips.
For Boys : Cream Shirt with strips and Brown pant.
For Wednesday and Saturday:
For Girls : Green T-shirt and white plated skirt.
For Boys : Green T-Shirt and white pant.
The School session is from April to March. The school timings are:-
7:30 AM. To 1:30 afternoon [9:00 to 12 for play group]
8:30 A.M. to 2:30 afternoon [9:00 to 12 for play group]
F Principal’s visiting hours – 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m.
F Visiting to teacher on any day during class hours will not be allowed except with a written note sent by the class taker.
F Parent’s must ensure that their children reach school at least 5 minutes before the school bell. A fine of Rs. 5/- will be charged for any child coming in late (Regular three days).
- School admission fro the new Academic Session begins in the month of April/May.
- No Student will be admitted unless, he/she produces a transfer certificate format he previous school. If he/she not attended a school previously, then the official birth certificate from the Municipal Committee/Corporation must be produced (In case of pre primary admission only)
FEE REGULATION & WITHDRAWALS
- The tuition fee must be paid by the 10th of designated month in case of default, a fine of Rs. 5/- pre day will be charged. Frequent default shall be viewed very seriously by the management.
- If the faults into arrears for over a month, the child’s name is liable to be struck off the rolls without any information and re-admission charges will be levied.
- The transport should be paid in the school with school fees.
- Parents are requested to given one month’s notice for all the transfer certificate of their ward.
Means-cum-merit scholarship is awarded to meritorious students by the Director on the basis of economic scholastic and conduct criteria.
SCHEME OF EXAMINATION
- For Play group
1) there will be no written examinations for class play group.
- for Class Nursery to Vth
1) the Academic year will be divided into three Terms-
2) Each term will consist 2 unit test and one quarterly examination (Terminal Examination)
3) For the unit tests, each subject will carry 25 marks while in Terminal examinations each subject will carry 50 Marks.
4) There will be grading in Sanskrit, computer and G.K. for class I to V.
- for class VI & VIII
1) the Academic year will be divided in 8 unit tests, half yearly and one Annual Examination.
2) For the unit tests each subject will carry 25 Marks and for Half yearly and Annually Examination each subject will carry 50 Marks.
3) Student of classes VIth & VIIth will be marked for units and other exams for IIIrd languages while computer and G.K. will be graded.
1) Total marks for classes Nursery to U.K.G. (at year end) will be
- =75 x 6 + 150 x 3
- =450 + 450 = 900
2) Total marks for classes I to Vth (at year end) will be
- =75 x 6 + 250 x 3
- =450 + 750 = 1350
3) Total marks for classes VIth to VIIth (at year end) will be
- =75 x 8 + 300 x 3
- =600 + 900 = 1500
- All children must take the unit and Terminal Examination.
- No request for re-examination will be considered.
- If a child is absent for any subject test/Terminal examination, he/she will be excluded from the order or merit.
- Children who are all should not be sent to school to take the test/examinations. This is imperative to prevent the spread of contagious diseases. Case of illness will be settled on the basis of the child’s yearly class performance.
- Every report card should be returned to the class teacher. The day after it is given, dully signed by the parents/guardians.
- The decision of the school authorities regarding promotion is final.
- Answer paper of the final (Third Terminal/Annual) Examinations will not be shown to the students or the parents.
- Parents are requested to impart health education to their children.
- Please maintain personal hygiene like trimming of nails and neat and clean school uniform.
Class Play group to U.K.G.
– No detention; classes to be repeated with the consent of parents.
Class I to VII:
- ‘B’ Grade and above (60 % ) in each subject individually promoted.
- Aggregated less than ‘B’ Grade detained.
- Less than ‘C’ Grade in two subjects irrespective of aggregate detained.
NOTE: If any child represents the school, district or state, the average
Marks will be given to the child.
If any child is absent due to other reasons He/She will be
Marked absent and no marks will be awarded. The average
Will be calculated on the basis of all subjects.
Parents please note that it is your duty to see that your child attends school regularly. Any child failing short of attendance, (Which is minimum 75% as per RBSE criteria) will not be promoted to the next class. The class teacher will fill the monthly attendance of the child in the column given in the almanac and the parents should sign it as a mark of acknowledgment.
75% attendance is compulsory to appear in the exams.